Jal Swaraj: Empowering Communities with Access to Safe Drinking Water is a project aimed at providing sustainable and reliable access to safe drinking water for communities across India. The project is being implemented by The Non-Violence Foundation, a non-profit organization committed to advocating for effective policies and implementation of the Jal Mission and Amrit Sarovar.
The main objective of the Jal Swaraj project is to save lives from water-borne diseases and reduce conflicts arising from water scarcity in communities, states, and districts. The project will address these issues by implementing the following key strategies:
- Policy Advocacy: The Non-Violence Foundation will work closely with the government to advocate for policies that will ensure the effective implementation of the Jal Mission and Amrit Sarovar.
- Awareness Campaigns: The project will run awareness programs through partner organizations in different states in India to educate communities on the importance of access to safe drinking water and how they can contribute to the cause.
- Affordable Solutions: The Non-Violence Foundation will work to identify and provide affordable solutions for access to safe drinking water, such as water filtration systems, rainwater harvesting, and other low-cost options.
- Support to Local Organizations: The project will provide support to local organizations working towards providing safe drinking water to communities. This will include training, resources, and technical assistance.
- Monitoring and Evaluation: The Non-Violence Foundation will closely monitor and evaluate the impact of the Jal Swaraj project to ensure that it is meeting its goals and making a difference in communities.
Jal Swaraj aims to empower communities with access to safe drinking water, improving their health and well-being and reducing conflicts over water resources. With the support of partner organizations, communities, and the government, The Non-Violence Foundation is committed to making Jal Swaraj a reality for all Indians.