To educate and empower women in rural Nagaon, Assam through livelihood training and entrepreneurship development.
Approach: The foundation aims to train and skill the women in the rural areas with their existing resources, knowledge, and skills. The women will be taught the necessary skills to become entrepreneurs and work towards making their village self-sustaining and self-reliant.
Partnerships: The foundation has already mobilized thousands of women to be part of the “Streeshakti Agro Eco Tourism” initiative. This will help the women to become economically independent and empowered.
Impact: The project is expected to have a significant impact on the lives of the rural women in Nagaon, Assam. By providing them with the necessary skills, knowledge, and resources, the foundation aims to uplift their economic status and improve their standard of living. The project is also expected to contribute to the development of the rural areas by promoting self-sustainability and self-reliance.
Swalamban – Empowering Disabled Women through Agro-Based Training and Eco-Friendly Product Production
Introduction: The Non-Violence Foundation is committed to empowering marginalized communities, particularly disabled, divorced, and widowed women, in Delhi & NCR. To address the economic challenges faced by these women, the foundation is launching an initiative called Swalamban. This initiative aims to provide skill-based training in agro-based products and eco-friendly product production to empower these women with valuable skills and create employment opportunities.
- To provide skill-based training in agro-based products to disabled, divorced, and widowed women in Delhi & NCR.
- To promote healthy and natural agrifresh drinks, specifically sugarcane juice and tender coconut water.
- To create eco-friendly products from the waste generated during agro-based product production.
- To provide employment opportunities at three levels for the trained women.
- To connect the trained women with government schemes to provide additional support and resources.
Target Group: The target group for this initiative is disabled, divorced, and widowed women in Delhi & NCR.
- Skill-Based Training: The foundation will provide skill-based training in agro-based products, specifically sugarcane juice and tender coconut water production, to the target group. The training will be conducted by experienced trainers and will include both theoretical and practical components.
- Production of Agrifresh Drinks: The trained women will set up small-scale agro-based product production units to produce sugarcane juice and tender coconut water. The foundation will provide support in setting up these units, including equipment and raw materials.
- Eco-Friendly Product Production: The waste generated during agro-based product production, such as coconut shells and sugarcane residue, will be used to create eco-friendly products, such as coir products, ropes, mats, and decorative items, and paper. The foundation will provide training in these product production processes and support in setting up production units.
- Employment Opportunities: The agro-based product and eco-friendly product production units will provide employment opportunities at three levels, including production, distribution, and sales.
- Connection with Government Schemes: The Non-Violence Foundation will connect the trained women with relevant government schemes to provide them with additional support and resources. This will help to ensure the sustainability and success of the initiative.
- The trained women will have improved skills in agro-based product production and eco-friendly product production.
- The production and sale of agrifresh drinks and eco-friendly products will provide the trained women with sustainable livelihood opportunities.
- The initiative will promote healthy and natural agrifresh drinks and eco-friendly practices.
- The connection with government schemes will provide additional support and resources to the trained women.
Budget: The budget for this initiative will include costs for skill-based training, setting up agro-based product and eco-friendly product production units, equipment and raw materials, and connection with government schemes. A detailed budget will be provided upon request.
Conclusion: Swalamban is a comprehensive initiative aimed at empowering disabled, divorced, and widowed women in Delhi & NCR. Through skill-based training in agro-based products and eco-friendly product production, this initiative will provide these women with valuable employment opportunities and promote healthy and sustainable practices. The Non-Violence Foundation’s commitment to connecting the trained