Our Mission: The Non-Violence Foundation is dedicated to promoting peace, understanding, and respect for all people. We believe that non-violence is the most effective means of resolving conflicts and promoting social justice.
Policy Statement: The Non-Violence Foundation is committed to promoting non-violent principles and practices in all areas of our work. We will not tolerate any form of violence, whether it is physical, verbal, or emotional, and we expect all employees, volunteers, and members to adhere to this policy.
Guidelines for Non-Violent Behaviour:
- Respect the dignity and worth of every person, regardless of race, gender, religion, or any other aspect of their identity.
- Refrain from using physical force or threats of violence in any situation.
- Avoid using language that is offensive, threatening, or dehumanizing to others.
- Seek to resolve conflicts peacefully and constructively, through negotiation, compromise, or other nonviolent means.
- Report any incidents of violence or threatening behaviour to the appropriate authorities or to the Non-Violence Foundation.
Enforcement: Any employee, volunteer, or member who violates this policy may be subject to disciplinary action, up to and including termination of their relationship with the Non-Violence Foundation.
We recognize that creating a culture of non-violence requires ongoing education and effort. As such, we are committed to regularly reviewing and updating this policy, as well as providing training and resources to help all members of our community live and work in accordance with our values.